Monday, May 16, 2016

The End of A VERY Long Chapter

   Hello again!! We have a lot to catch up on. Last time I posted I wrote about our last challenge and my gallbladder surgery. My complete recovery really has only happened the last few weeks. As it turns out, when they take your gallbladder it messes with every last bit of normal digestion. Funny how before it decided to act up, I didn't even know what it did. Then all of a sudden its absence messed everything up! The last few weeks Glen and I have been on another challenge. I am not gonna lie, we have not done well! With graduation, people visiting, and a whole lot being unable to be planned, it made things difficult. We still have lost some and we aren't finished yet, but the cleanse part of this challenge seems to have done something I did not expect. It fixed my messed up digestion! No lie! I tried for the month and a half or so after my surgery to fix and regulate it in a variety of different ways. I don't know why I didn't think about trying this before but when we started the challenge, I realized it. Even if we haven't done perfectly, or well even, that by itself has been huge! Even if I haven't lost as much as I should have, that has been a huge burden.
   I also wrote about how hard Glen has been working; that has not changed. Anyone who knows him shouldn't be surprised by that. Since I last wrote, Glen has been transferred to another store. This is actually pretty convenient because the new location is like 2 minutes from our apartment and 5(ish) from where I will be working over the summer. His manager is awesome and he is being fast-tracked to be an assistant store manager. This is exactly what we've needed! He will consistently be full time and we will have the opportunity for insurance. He also has been able to make contacts about his t-shirt business which has been growing. I am so proud of all that he has done and will do. He takes care of us and does anything he can to make sure we're covered. There are big things coming this summer and I am incredibly excited to see what happens.
   As for me, the chapter of my life that I have been working on for the past 6 years. This last Saturday I graduated with my teaching degree from the University of Texas at Arlington. I cannot describe how I feel about this. For years it has been my focus. "I just have to do.....so I can graduate." Then in a matter of minutes, it's over. I told Glen that, in a way, it feels kind of like when we got married. We spent months planning, arranging, and imagining what it would be like. We planned our life around what would happen after the day was done. Then all of a sudden, in a flash, it was over. The day after we got married we remember looking at each other like "okay...now what?" That is how I feel. We have been working so hard to achieve this goal and now that it's done, it feels so strange! It's like I have to be a grown up all of a sudden. I realize I have been one, but still. My job now is applying for jobs. I've passed all the tests, taken all the classes, and walked the stage. Now it's time to get my own classroom.
   I have spent this school year at an amazing school. Diane Patrick Elementary has an amazing faculty and administration. I have truly been learning from the best and I have learned a lot! I would love to get a position in any school! Teaching is what I have wanted to do forever. I would love my own classroom, and I know that will happen. I would love to be offered a position at Diane Patrick; I feel comfortable there and I have seen the community. But I know I will end up wherever I am meant to be. I am looking forward to being wherever that is.  I would add pictures from graduations but those have been all over Facebook already.
   This post is more of an update on us; I will post a personal post (just from me) on my personal blog. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment